Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy – What’s all the buzz about?
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Injection Therapy is a safe, non-surgical procedure. It offers relief and healing to athletes, people suffering from chronic pain/arthritis, and active individuals, who endure knee pain from overuse or a past injury. In addition to alleviating pain, this treatment decreases chronic inflammation and increases mobility.
There are many reasons people are excited about PRP, some of these include:
- It’s Safe/Natural – Since PRP uses your own cells, there is no risk of an immune response. Additionally, this procedure is much less invasive than surgery and many people feel this is a more natural than pharmaceuticals or other drugs.
- Celebrity/Athlete endorsements – many A-list celebrities and professional athletes have had PRP therapy and tout it as the best and one of the most cutting-edge treatments available. This includes a wide range, from athletes like Kobe Bryant (basketball), Maria Sharapova (tennis), Hines Ward (football), Alex Rodriguez (baseball),Tiger Woods (golf), all the way to Hollywood celebrities such as Kim Kardashian and Angelina Jolie.
- It has a wide range of applications (you don’t have to be an athlete)
- Acute Injuries
- Meniscal Tears
- Chronic Pain
- Tendon Injury
What is PRP?
PRP stands for “Platelet-Rich Plasma.” Plasma is what the typical person’s blood is primarily comprised of (55%). Plasma normally has 200 million platelets per micro liter. Plasma becomes ‘platelet-rich’ when the concentration of platelets increases beyond this typical ratio.
Platelets are crucial when it comes to repairing injuries. Platelet cells contain special healing proteins called growth factors that initiate repair of injury and can dramatically enhance tissue recovery. PRP therapy mimics the body’s natural healing process by delivering a high concentration of platelets to the damaged tissue.
It is important to note that not all PRP preparation systems or treatments are the same. These differences play a critical role in determining the clinical outcome.
Why the Tropocells® PRP formula is the best
- Red Blood Cells (RBCs) – These cells cause a huge inflammatory response when injected into the joint that can cause intense pain. Most PRP formulas have millions of RBCs. Tropocells® PRP has zero.
- Monocytes – These cells are involved in healing and help repair and build – the more the better and the Tropocells® PRP is monocyte-enriched
- Neutrophils – These white blood cells will cause pain and an inflammatory response. The fewer, the better – Tropocells® PRP removes about 93% of neutrophils
The combination of a high monocyte and low granulocyte/RBC counts make the Tropocells® PRP the most effective and least painful formula available.
Learn more about why Tropocells® is the PRP system you should be using for treatment: www.tropocells.com; For any question feel free to advise with us: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, email us at email@example.com
FDA cleared 510(k) Class II medical device: Tropocells PRP is intended for the safe and rapid preparation of autologous platelet-rich plasma (PRP) from a small sample of blood at the patient point of care. The PRP is mixed with autograft or allograft bone prior to application to a bony defect for improving handling characteristics. 510(k) number: BK110035